Visitors Online: 0 | Tuesday 21st January 2020
CBSE Guess > Papers > Important Questions > Class X > 2008 > Science > Science By :- Nagesh Kumar
Science - Acid Bases and Salts
- A metal compound ‘X’ reacts with dilute hydrochloric acid to produce gas (Y). The gas (Y) evolved extinguishes a burning candle. Write a balanced chemical equation for the reaction if one of the compounds formed is calcium chloride. Write names of x & y.
- Why does distilled water not conduct electricity, whereas rainwater does?
- Fresh milk has a pH 6. How do you think the pH will change as it becomes sour?
- Name the acid found in (a) Soft drinks (b) Vinegar.
- How does an acid taste?
- Which gas is usually liberated when an acid reacts with a metal? Illustrate with an example. How will you test for the presence of this gas?
- What are acid & base indicators?
- What are alkalis?
- Why does an aqueous solution of acid conduct electricity?
- Write an equation to show the reaction between Plaster of Paris and water.
- Name the sodium compound which is used for softening hard water.
- Name three mineral acids.
- How is concentration of hydroxide ions (OH-) affected when excess of base is dissolved in a solution of sodium hydroxide?
- What is bleaching powder? How is it prepared? Write chemical equation involved in the preparation of bleaching powder. Write two uses of bleaching powder.
- What is the chemical name of washing soda?
- What is a base?
- What is an alkali?
- Define pH.
- What is an indicator?