Wednesday 12th August 2020
CBSE Guess > Papers > Important Questions > Class X > 2008 > Science > Science By :- Nagesh Kumar
Science - Heredity and Variation
- What is the basic structural unit of a DNA? What are its components?
- Define (i) Variation (ii) Fossils (iii) Gene.
- What is Mendel’s factor better known as?
- What do you mean by autosomes?
- What is Darwin ’s theory of evolution?
- Who is known as “father of genetics”?
- Differentiate between homologous and analogous organs.
- Give two functions of chromosomes.
- What is heredity?
- What is Mendel’s contribution to heredity and evolution?
- Explain the Law of Purity of Gametes.
- Explain the inheritance of Dominant characters with the help of cross between a tall pea plant and a short pea plant.
- Explain the law of Independent assortment with the help of Dihybrid cross.
- “Sex of a child is a matter of chance” explain with the help of cross between the human male and female sex chromosomes.
- What evidence does fossil provide about our evolution?
- What are vestigial organs? Give examples
- Are forelimbs of man and frog analogous organs? Why or why not?
- What do you mean by organic evolution?
- What are the features that Archaeopteyrx has in common to the reptiles?