February 29, 2016, 2:36 pm
It is hereby announced for the general public that Ministry of Human Resource Development has
launch a website nori.ac.in for inviting online application for No Obligation to Return to India (NORI)
which is required by J-1 visa holder of the USA. The website will be functional from 27.02.2016. The portal
would serve as one stop solution for end to end process right from submission of application to issue of letter
of NORIto the applicant and has the following facility:
• To apply online
• To rectify the shortcoming indicated by Ministry of Human Resource Development on
the same portal.
• Applicant will know the current status of the application.
• Alert through email on every stage
• Applicant will be able to download the NORI certificate from the portal.
2. The scanned copy of the following documents would be required at the time of making online
application at nori.ac.in:
• Colour scanned copy of bio-data
• Colour scanned copy of affidavit
• Colour scanned copy of degrees (Bachelor’s onwards)
3. The Ministry will continue receiving physical form of application for the next 90 days from
commencement of the new website. Post 90 days, physical application will not be accepted for the