Education In South Africa
Assessment Procedure (TPPA) is used as a tool in the enrolment preliminaries of certain courses to determine a candidate's potential for a specific course. With this procedure, which comprises a psychometric evaluation of the applicant, it is implied that the candidate is not evaluated simply on the grounds of his/her educational performance. The potential of the candidate to achieve success in his/her chosen field is also determined in a scientific manner. After the submission of their application forms, applicants will receive a notice from the Technikon with particulars of the evaluations procedures.
State subsidy for international students
All students from SADC countries, will be subsidised by the South African
- Government at the same level as South African students.
- Post-graduate and post-diploma students from other foreign countries will be subsidised by the South African Government at the same level as South African students.
- Children of diplomatic representatives accredited for South Africa, as well as exchange students, will be subsidised by the South African government in the same way as South African students.
- Students with valid work permits or where the parent(s) of an international students who is still under the age of 23 years of age has(ve) (a) work permit(s) and where proof is given that taxes are being paid in South Africa, will pay the South African fee.
- All other international students (who are still doing their diploma or B Tech Degree) will NOT be subsidised by the South African Government and are therefore eligible to pay three times the general South African fee.
The SADC countries are:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- South Africa
- Rwanda (although not a SADC member, these students will be subsidised by the South African Government in accordance with the bilateral agreement signed by the two countries) Please feel free to contact [email protected], should there be any questions.
- The estimated tuition costs differs from subject to subject and therefore only a ruff estimation is given.
- The following additional costs should be taken into account:
- Transport to and from South Africa
- Repatriation costs
- Study permit application cost.
Private Bag X680,
Republic of South Africa