Visitors Online: 2171 | Saturday 25th March 2017
EXAM PATTERN OF AIPMT 2016
1 GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
- All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test will be governed by the rules and regulations specified by
the Central Board of Secondary Education, Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India and the
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Mere appearing in AIPMT does not confer any right to the candidate for admission in MBBS/BDS Courses.
The selection and admission to MBBS/BDS seats in any Medical Institution recognized for offering
MBBS/BDS Courses as per Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and BDS Course Regulations 2007 is subject to
fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, rank in merit list, medical fitness and such other criteria as may
be prescribed by the Government of India, respective States, Universities and Medical Institutions.
- Applications of candidates submitting false and fabricated information will not be considered and such
candidates will be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by the CBSE.
- Incomplete application or applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are
liable to be rejected. The examination fee deposited will not be refunded in such cases.
- Fee will neither be carried forward to a future examination nor refunded under any circumstances.
Submission of online application and remittance of fee would close as per the schedule given and no
request shall be entertained. Applications once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- Instructions in the Information Bulletin are liable to change based on decisions taken by the CBSE from
time to time.
- CBSE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not
eligible to appear in the AIPMT-2016 even though the Roll Number and Admit Card has been issued by the
- Candidate’s eligibility for AIPMT is purely provisional and is subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria as
prescribed by the Board.
- In case of any ambiguity in interpretation of any of the instructions/terms/rules/criteria regarding
determination of eligibility/conduct of examination/registration of candidates/information contained
therein, the interpretation of the CBSE shall be final and binding.
- The conduct of AIPMT Examination would be videographed. The candidates are required to keep their
head in upright position and face the camera during the videography so that their identity could be
2 PATTERN OF AIPMT- 2016
- Pattern of the Entrance Test:-
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with
single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the
specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at centre only.
The duration of test would be 03 hours.
- Language of the Question Papers:-
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper either in English or in Hindi.
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and
the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates
opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated
3 SYLLABUS FOR THE TEST:
The Question Papers for the test shall be based on a common syllabus notified by the Medical Council of India.
Please see Appendix – I for details.
4 CENTRES CITIES FOR ENTRANCE TEST
- List of cities where the AIPMT - 2016 will be conducted is given at Appendix - II
- The Candidate should select Three Convenient City Codes for the entrance Test from Appendix-II.
- Though every effort will be made to allot a centre in one of the places selected by the candidate, yet the
Board reserves its discretion to allot a centre other than the candidate’s choice.
- Allotment of centre is made by Computer and there is no human intervention. Under no circumstances
the choice of centre cities filled in the application form by the candidates and the allotted centre shall be
changed by the Board.
NOTE : – www.aipmt.nic.in is the official website of AIMPT. The students will get application Form on this site.