SECTION A (READING)
Except for the following questions, all the remaining questions have been asked in Set I.
SECTION B (WRITING)
5. You are Arpita or Ashwin. You came across the following extract in a magazine article. (10 marks)
|A recently released report cautions the world that if urgent action is not taken to fortify and supplement our food with proper exercise, we will become a nation of under achievers. It says we suffer from shocking vitamin and mineral deficiency. Our seden tary life also leads to obesity and diseases like diabetes, heart problems etc.|
After reading this article you realized that awareness has to be created among the people on the need for health care and the consequences of a sedentary life. Taking ideas from the unit on ‘Health and Medicine’ along with your own ideas, write an article to the editor of a daily in 150-200 words.
SECTION C (GRAMMAR)
7. Read the information given below and fill in the blank spaces appropriately. Do not add any new information. Write the answers in your answer sheet against the correct blank number. (5 x 1 = 5 marks)
|Daylight robbery — family — enjoy — afternoon-siesta — group — masked men — enter — through roof — demand keys — family — helpless.|
Mr. Arjun Bhatia’s house (a) ___________ at 3 P.M. The family (b) ____________ when (c) ___________ . The robbers (d) ___________ and escaped with the valuables. The family (e) __________________ .
8. The following passage has not been edited. There is one error in each line. The first one has been done for you. Write the incorrect word and the correction in your answer sheet as given in the example. ( 10 X ½ = 5 marks)
I have been the chief guest of Example: of....... for
SECTION D (LITERATURE)
14. What were the sufferings that the mariners had to undergo after the albatross was killed? Write the answer in 75-100 words. (5 marks)
15. Mention the shadows shown by the first ghost in the play, ‘The Christmas Carol’. Write the answer in 75-100 words.(5 marks)