Visitors Online: 77 | Thursday 21st March 2019
CBSE Guess > Papers > Important Questions > Class XII > 2007 > Chemistry > Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
1 MARK QUESTION
- State Heinsberg uncertainity principle?
- State de Broglie's principle?
- State the physical significance of y2?
- Define an atomic orbital. What does angular quantum number tell about an orbital?
- Which quantum numbers determine the energy of an atomic orbital?
- What is meant by the statement " Energy of an electron is quantised"
- What sub-shell would be found in the shell with n = 4?
- What does the magnetic quantum number l determines about an elec tron?
- What do you uderstand by bonding molecular orbitals?
- Write an example of a neutral molecule which is isoelectronic to ClO-?
2. MARK QUESTION
- State Hunds rule of maximum multiplicity. Can it be applied for filling of electrons in the molecular orbitals?
- Explain diamagnetic character of fluorine molecule by M.O.T.?
- Calculate the uncertainity in the velocity of a wagon of mass 1000 kg. whose position while in motion is known to an accuracy of + -10 m.
- Calculate the Kinetic energy of a moving electron which has a wave length of 4.8 pm.
- Calculate the wavelength of an electron moving with a velocity of 1000 m/s
3. MARK QUESTION
- [a] Write down the ground state electronic configuration of F2+
[b] The kinetic energy of a sub-atomic particle is 4.55X10-25 J Calcu late the frequency of the particle wave.
- Calculate the de Broglie wavelength of an electron travelling with a speed equal to 1% of speed of light.
How is the wave nature of electron significant for stydying surface structure of solid.
- Write the molecular orbital configuration of the following
[a] O2- [b] C2
Calculate their bond orders.
- Calculate the wavelength associated with a beam of electrons accelerated by an electric field to a velocity of 107 m/s
- The ionisation energy of sodium is 494.7 kj/mol Calculate the wave length of the electromagnetic ratiation which is just sufficient to ionise the sodium atom.
- Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- P Block Elements
- D and F Block Elements
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Stereo Chemistry
- Organic Functional Group I
- Organic Functional Group II and III
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemistry In Every Day Life
- Practice Paper No.1
- Practice Paper No.2
- Practice Paper No.3
- Practice Paper No.4