Visitors Online: 77 | Monday 25th March 2019
CBSE Guess > Papers > Important Questions > Class XII > 2007 > Chemistry > Nuclear Chemistry
1 MARK QUESTION
- Write the principle of neutron activation analysis.
- Name the elementary particle used for nuclear fission reactions.
- If a radioactive nuclide of group 15 undergoesemission of an alpha particle, in which group will the resulting nuclide be found
- Why are fusion reaction in nuclear chemistry referred to as thermonuclear reactions.
- What is meant by artificial transmutation. Give one example.
- What are particle accelerators.
- C-14 is formed in the upper atmosphere. Why does this not occur at ground level
- By what other name is thorium series known.
- What is the cause of b emission.
- What are isosester give one example
2 MARKS QUESTION
- Explain the principle of radiocarbon dating
- What is nuclear reactor. How can nuclear reaction be controlled in nuclear reactor
- Describe the principle of atomic bomb and a nuclear reactor.
- The half life of C-14 is 5600 years A sample of freshly cut wood from a tree contain 10 mg of C-14 How much C-14 will remain in wood sample after 50,000 years.
- What are the application of radiochemistry and radioisotopes.
3 MARKS QUESTION
- What is nuclear fission reaction. Describe the basic principle of a nuclear reactor
- Describe the underlying principle of atomic bomb.
A piece of wood show a C-14 activity which is 70% of the activity found in fresh wood of today Calculate the age of piece of wood. half life of C 14 is 5770 years.
- Which isotope of cobalt is used to destroy malignant cells.
Calculate the number of disintegration per second of 1 gm. of a radioactive element whose half life is 30 years
- What are particle accelerators. Starting with 1 gm of radioactive sample, 0.25 g of it is left after 5 days. Calculate the amount which was left after 1 day
- Explain each of the following:
[i] Artificial transmutation of elements.
[ii] Critical mass in nuclear chemistry
- Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- P Block Elements
- D and F Block Elements
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Stereo Chemistry
- Organic Functional Group I
- Organic Functional Group II and III
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemistry In Every Day Life
- Practice Paper No.1
- Practice Paper No.2
- Practice Paper No.3
- Practice Paper No.4