CBSE Guess Visitors Online: 1890 | Tuesday 11th March 2014
CBSE Guess > Papers > Important Questions > Class XII > 2007 > Chemistry > Surface Chemistry
NOTE-1 MARK QUESTION FOR SLOW LEARNERS.
- Define adsorption?
- What are micelles? Give an example of a micelles system?
- What is gold number?
- Explain Brownian motion?
- Give the expression of Freund lich isothems?
- What do you understand by desorption ?
- Define catalysis?
- What is difference between a sol and a gel?
- What is an emulsion? Give an example?
- Define peptization?
- Give an example of homogenous catalyst & one of heterogenous
- What are zealites?
- What is shape of selective catalysis?
- Give reason why a finely divided substance is more effective as an
- Explain Tyndall effect?
- What is the principal of dialysis?
NOTE- 2 MARK QUESTIONS.
- Distinguish between the meaning of the terms adsoreption & absorption.
Give one example of each
- What do you mean by activity & selectivity of catalysts ?
- What is demulsification ? Name two demulsifiers .
- Give one example each of “oil in water ’’ & “water in oil ’’ emulsion .
- Give Hardy-Schulze rule .
- What is difference between multimolecular & macromolecular colloids? Give an example of each ?
- What are the factors which influence the adsorption of a gas on a solid ?
- Differentiate between multi-molecular colloids & micelles with one example
of each .
- What do you mean by an adsorption isotherm?
- What are difference between hydrophilic & hydrophodic sols ?
- Differentiate b/n lyophilic & lyophobic sols ?
- Describe driefly the following -
(a) dialysis (b)electro-phoresis .
- Draw a plot of variation in quantity of gas adsorbed .[x/m] with the pressure
Of the gas . Also plot the graph b/n log x/m is log P at the constant tempreture .
What is slope of this line ?
NOTE-THREE MARKS QUESTION.
- What is difference between physical adsorption &chemisorption?
- What are the factor, which influence the adsorption of a gas on a solid?
- What is an adsorption isotherms? Distinguish between fieund lich
adsorption isotherms & langnaur adsorption isotherms.
- Explain the terms with suitable example-
(a) Gel (b)Aerosol & (c)hydrosol.
- What do you understand by adsorption isotherms & adsorption isobars? Explain freundlich adsorption isotherms for the adsorption on solids.
- Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- P Block Elements
- D and F Block Elements
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Stereo Chemistry
- Organic Functional Group I
- Organic Functional Group II and III
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemistry In Every Day Life
- Practice Paper No.1
- Practice Paper No.2
- Practice Paper No.3
- Practice Paper No.4