Online Application Procedure - NEET 2020
Online Application Procedure - NEET 2020
Step I: Registration Page
A candidate can apply for the NEET (UG) - 2020 only on-line by logging on to ntaneet.nic.in.
- Candidate’s Name/ Mother’s Name/ Father’s Name as given in the Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/ University Certificate in capital letters
- Date of Birth in dd/mm/yyyy format as recorded in Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/ University certificate.
- Identification Type: Candidates need to provide any one of the following identity details given below:
|Category of Candidates
||Types of permissible IDs
|Indian Nationals of all States
||Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits), Class XII Roll number issued by the Board, Election Card (EPIC No.), Ration Card, Bank Account Passbook with Photograph, Passport Number or Number of any other Photo Identity Card issued by Government.
||Passport Number/Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)
|Foreign Nationals/ OCI/PIO
||Passport Number/ Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)
- Mobile Number and e-mail Address: Candidates must provide own or parents Mobile Number and e-mail address only.
- Provide complete postal address with PIN Code (Correspondence and permanent address) for further correspondence. PIN code of Correspondence as well as permanent address should be given in the space provided for this purpose.
Step II: Fill in the complete Application Form
- The application particulars entered in Step-I can be edited before final submission of the Application Form except Mobile No. and Email address, which may not be changed after Step-I.
- Category: General, General-EWS, SC, ST & OBC-NCL are available in the drop-down list under Category option. No Caste Certificate is to be uploaded in the Online application Form of NEET (UG) – 2020, all the necessary documents related to Caste and Community will be verified at the Counselling by concerned Central/State Counselling Authority.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)- Non Creamy Layer as per the Central List of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website (www.ncbc.nic.in). Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC-NCL in the Category Column. State list OBC-NCL Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) - As per the OM No. 20013/01/2018-BC-II dated January 17, 2019 issued by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the OM No. 12-4/2019-U1 dated 17.01.2019 as well as the Letters No 35-2/2019-T.S.I dated 21.01.2019, 01.02.2019, 04.02.2019 and 15.02.2019 of MHRD Department of Higher Education regarding implementation of reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) for admission in Central Educational Institutions.
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG) - 2020.
- State/UT Code: The Candidates have to submit their State/UT Code as per Appendix-V during the Online Registration for NEET (UG) – 2020.
- PwD Status: “PwD” means Person with Benchmark Disabilities in accordance with the Provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disability Act, 2016 and as per MCI guidelines dated May 13, 2019. PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category.
- Choice of Examination Cities: The candidate should select any four cities of their choice for examination of NEET (UG) - 2020 given at Appendix-II. Allotment of Centre is made by computer and there is no human intervention.
- Medium of Question Paper:
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
- Candidates opting for Hindi/Regional Language would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi/Regional Language and in English. In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
- Academic Details (X, XI & XII): Candidate has to fill the complete academic details of X,XI & XII /Qualifying Examination. Candidates those passed should fill Code [02 to 07] against the column provided for Qualifying Examination. If a candidate does not fall within the qualifications prescribed as per Code numbers 02 to 07, then the candidate needs to furnish complete details under the column ‘others’. Candidates appearing in Class XII in 2020 should select qualifying code as 01.
- Single Girl Child: This option will be visible only if the candidate has selected the option “Female” in gender column. Single Girl Child in the family without brother or sister may select this option. Twin Daughter/Fraternal Daughter of the family may also select this option. (Appendix- XII)
- Minority: If applicable, the candidate should select any one of the Minority Community viz. Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain and Parsi which is notified under minority community as per Section 2 (c) of National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. The Self Declaration of Minority Community by Candidate for support for Minority Students given at (Appendix- XIII).
- Details of Father/ Guardian /Mother: Code of occupation, Income and qualification may be filled under this column.
Step III: Uploading of scanned images
- Passport size Photograph (size: 10 kb to 200 kb)
- Post Card size photograph (4”X6”) (Size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
- The photographs must be taken on or after 01.09.2019 preferably indicating clearly the name of candidate along with the date of taking the photograph. Photograph should not be with cap or goggles. The focus needs to be on face (80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background)
- Spectacles are allowed only if being used regularly.
- Polaroid and Computer-generated photos are not acceptable.
- Applications not complying with these instructions or with unclear photographs are liable to be rejected.
- Application without photographs shall be rejected.
- The photographs need not be attested. Candidates are advised to keep 6 to 8 passport size and 4 to 6 Post Card size (4”X6”) colour photographs with white background.
- Candidates may note that if the photographs uploaded are found to be fabricated i.e. de-shaped or seem to be hand-made or computer made, the application of the candidate will be rejected and the same would be considered as using Unfair Means and the candidate would be dealt with accordingly.
- In case someone else’s photographs have been uploaded, the candidature shall be cancelled and the case will be considered as using UFM. Criminal action as per laws of the country shall also be initiated.
Candidate’s Signature: to be uploaded
- The candidate should put his full signature in running hand writing [not in capital letter] on white paper with Black Ink pen and scan for uploading.
- File size must be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
Candidate’s Left-hand thumb Impression: to be uploaded
- The candidate should put his/her left-hand thumb Impression on white paper with Blue Ink and scan for uploading. In case of any eventuality of left thumb being unavailable, right hand thumb impression may be used.
- File size must be between 10 kb to 50 kb.
Candidate’s Class -X Passing Certificate: to be uploaded
- The candidate should scan his/her Class X Passing Certificate for uploading.
- File size must be between 100 kb to 400 kb.
Step IV: Payment of Fee and Status of receipt of Online Application Form with Fee:
After completing Step III of online Application Form, candidates may remit the examination fee (Step IV) by choosing the following options:
- Select Debit/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI Mode of Payment and Service Provider (Service/Processing charges per transaction & GST (applicable @18%) to be paid by the candidate) and complete the steps as instructed.
- Print the Confirmation Page after completion of Step-IV i.e. payment through Debit/Credit card/ Net-banking/UPI through State Bank of India/Syndicate Bank/HDFC Bank/ICICI Bank/Paytm as service provider.
- If candidate fails to complete all the steps upto step IV, the final submission of Online Application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful.
- Generation of Confirmation Page confirms final submission of Application Form. If Confirmation Page has not been generated, this means that Application Form has not been submitted successfully. Note: In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ the candidates are advised as following:
- If the fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is cancelled. Therefore, such candidates have to pay the fee once again and ensure the OK fee status. For cancelled transactions, the amount will, automatically, be refunded to concerned credit/debit card after the last date of online submission of Application Form or the process of Fee Reconciliation.
Check List for filling the Online Application Form:
The candidates are advised to ensure the following points before submitting the Online Application Forms:
- Whether they fulfill the prescribed eligibility conditions for the Test.
- That they have selected their gender viz. Male/Female/Transgender correctly.
- That they have selected their category viz General/General-EWS/OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer)/SC/ST correctly.
- That the Person with Disability (PwD) candidate has filled the relevant column in the Online Application Form correctly. Only PwD candidates have to fill this column and the others have to leave it blank.
- Whether they have kept a Printout of Application Form (confirmation page) for their own record.
Details of Fee Payment
Fee Payable by Candidate:
|Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable
||Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable