Posted on: 19 Sep 2014 06:08 am
VFS Global is the world's largest outsourcing and technology services specialist for diplomatic missions and governments worldwide. The company manageMore
Purpose of the role
- To manage legal issues pertaining to the company & provide assistance & advise on legal matters to business teams
- To assist in legal issues pertaining to the company with respect to the following:
Non Litigation matters: safeguard and protect the interest of the company
Intellectual property rights (Trademarks, patents, logo etc.)
Compliance to laws & regulations as applicable
Roles and Responsibilities
Areas of Responsibility & brief description Responsibility Level
1. Drafting & vetting of commercial contracts and international contracts within Turnaround Time (TAT)
2. Provide all legal assistance and advice on registration & protection of the Companys Intellectual Property such as trademarks, patents, copyrights.
3. Provide opinions & legal advice as may be required by business team and other support functions from time to time and to ensure work is done in-house unless there is a need for the same to be outsourced. Co-ordinate with external counsel as required.
4. Provide timely support and advice to the business team and also assist the business in replying to notices & other escalations in a way so as to avoid them from becoming actual litigations.
5. Assist in monitoring compliances associated with the legal function thereby protecting Companys/ Managements interest.
6. Ensure that all contracts executed are entered in the Document Management System (DMS).
7. Ensure that Due Diligence Reports are organized for Leave & License / Lease of properties by the company, Negotiate, draft, vet and finalize contracts/agreements & contract management.
8. Manage all legal affairs such as contract management, IPR, litigation, arbitration, policy drafting and documentation & website related issues
9. Ensuring proper mentoring & guidance to reporting executives. Ensure personal and professional development for both self & team.
10. Create and maintain global data base of lawyers, law firms & consultants.
11. Assist in monitoring compliances associated with the legal function thereby protecting Companys/ Managements interest
12. Assist the Business and other Dept. in closing deals with proper documentation, to secure and promote the rights of the company in the transaction in the best manner possible.
13. Conduct in house training sessions for Company execution
14. Ensure receipt of RFAs before drafting, vetting contracts
Indicative KRAs/Budgetary and Revenue Responsibilities
1. Drafting & vetting of international commercial contracts
2. Provide legal assistance and advice on registration & protection of the Companys Intellectual Property such as trademarks, patents, copyrights
3. Litigation & Arbitration
4. Research on various aspects of applicable laws impacting VFS Global business
5. Personal and professional development of self and team
Qualification & Experience
Education: Minimum: Bachelors in LLB
Additional: Masters degree
Experience: 12 15 years relevant experience with prior experience of managing teams
Knowledge & Key skills:
In-depth knowledge of contract law and applicable statutory
Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration
Strong Communication skills (written & oral)
Commercial bent of mind
Salary:Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Travel / Hotels / Restaurants / Airlines / Railways
Farea: Legal, Regulatory, Intellectual Property
Education: UG - LLB - Law
PG - LLM - Law
Doctorate - Doctorate Not Required
VFS Global Services Private Limited,
Sarguja University, Surguja, Ambikapur
Iris Corporate Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru/Bangalore
Collabera Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Vadodara/Baroda
MRC India Pvt Ltd, Pune
Sandlegal Services Private Limited, Gurgaon
Sustainable Agro-Commercial Finance Ltd, Aurangabad, Jalgaon
VVF Limited, Mumbai