CBSE Guess > Education > Dates of exam >Law >Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) - 2018
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)- 2018
Examination Date :: 13 May, 2018
Date of Issue :: 1 Jan, 2018
Date of Submission :: 31 Mar, 2018
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) - 2018
Eligibility: UG Programme
1. There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2018.
2. As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2), the candidates must have secured:
i.Forty five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and
ii.Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) categories.
3. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2018 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2018 online examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
4. The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
5. In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
i. Higher marks in the component /section on legal aptitude in the CLAT-2018 exam;
iii.Computerised draw of lots.
1. The candidates must have minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination [i.e. LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/any other equivalent exam] as under:
i.Fifty five percent (55%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and
ii.Fifty percent (50%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) categories.
2. The candidate must have passed/appeared in the final semester/final year examination of the qualifying examination on the date of his/her admission.
3. In case of candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination, he/she may submit his/her final result of qualifying examination within the time frame prescribed by the respective University/Institute. Till then such candidates may be given provisional admission.
4. In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by procedure and order as under:
i. Higher age;
ii. Computerized draw of lots.
5. No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2018.
Application Procedure: Jan 01 2018- Start date for online window of CLAT 2018 application form.
Mar 31 2018- Online registrations and Fee payment of CLAT 2018 ends.
Apr 20 2018- Issue of CLAT 2018 admit card.
The application form for CLAT-2018 shall be filled Online only.
The online application form has to be accessed from the CLAT-2018 website (www.clat.ac.in).
Application Fee / Previous Years Question Papers’ Fee
1. Application fee for General/OBC/SAP and other category candidates: Rs.4,000/-
2. Application fee for SC/ST category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
3. The cost of previous years’ question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT-2018 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
4. The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online
Mode of Payment of Application Fee
Application fee can be paid online or by bank challan generated online.
For payment of application fee, candidates are required to login to the CLAT 2018 Online Application Webpage. Application fee shall be paid online through net-banking /debit card / credit card/ pay wallet/ RuPay etc. or through offline mode by way of online- generated bank challan.
Offline payments can be made after registering the application online and generating challans online. The print out of the challans generated have to be taken to the relevant bank for payment over the counter. Offline payments are to be made in CASH only.
The candidates will have to bear additional bank transaction charges, if any, in case they opt for remitting the fee through net-banking payment gateways or any of the other modes of payment, including challan payments
The detailed procedure for payment of fee is also available at the CLAT-2018 online application webpage.
The Admit Card/Hall ticket canbe downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her LOGIN account from 20th April, 2018 . The candidates shall take a print-out of the Admit Card/Hall Ticket and carry the same to the Examination Hall. The candidates shall read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and carry all the requisite documents to the Examination Hall.
Admission: The admission to UG and PG programmes in participating universities under CLAT-2018 shall be completed through centralised online counselling conducted by the CLAT Office. The basis of allotment of seats shall be ’merit-cum-preference’, i.e., the CLAT Rank, the order of preference given by the candidate in the CLAT application form and the category / categories selected by the candidate in the online application form and the number of seats and their division/break-up as available in each of the participating NLU. Online counselling shall start after the declaration of CLAT-2018 results. The entire procedure shall be completed as per the CLAT calendar which is available on the CLAT website.