CBSE Guess > Papers > Important Questions > Class XII > 2007 > Chemistry > Nuclear Chemistry
- Who discovered the phenomenon of radioactivity.
- Name the disintegration series that starts with U-235
- Which radioactive metal is used as an ingredient of atomic explosive weapons.
- Which isotopes are used in nuclear reactor.
- Complete the following reaction:
a. 23Na11 + ____________ --> 23Mg12 +1n0
b. 27Al13 +____________________________30P15 + 1n0
- Give one example of the K-capture.
- What is the value of decay constant.
- What is the effect of temperature and pressure on the rate of radioactive disintegration.
- What is the total life of a radioactive element.
- What is role of heavy water in nuclear reactor?
- Why a huge amount of energy is released in nuclear fission or nuclear fusion.
- Write the relation between average life and half life.
- Write the exponential form of the equation for the radioactive disintegration.
- What do you mean by radioactive disintegration.
- C-14 is formed in the upper atmosphere. Why does it not occur at the ground level.
- How half life period of a radioactive substance predicts about its stability.
- What is the function of Breeder reactor.
- Briefly explain ‘Group Displacement Law’
- Briefly explain nuclear stability in terms of neutron/proton ratio.
- What is meant by nuclear binding energy? How does it originate.
- What kinds of elementary particles are used in the artificial transmutation of elements.
- What is meant by ‘transmutation of electron’
- Write a short note on ‘Artificial radioactivity’
- What is nuclear reactor and draw an outline diagram and explain its essential parts.
- What are the transuranium element.
- Write short note on hazards of nuclear radiations.
- What are synthetic element? Mention two synthetic element and write the nuclear equations.
- What is nuclear fission? What are controlled and uncontrolled fission reaction How can the energy released in such reactions used for practical purpose
- A freshly cut wood gives 15.3 counts per minute per gram of carbon and half life of C-14 is 5770 years find the age of wood.
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- P Blocks Element
- D and F Block Elements
- Coordination Compound
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Functional Group I
- Chemistry In Everyday Life
- Practice Paper 1
- Practice Paper 2
- Practice Paper 3