Visitors Online: 0 | Monday 09th December 2019
CBSE Guess > Papers > Important Questions > Class X > 2014 > Mathematics > Math-index > Mathematics By Mr. Ajai Kumar Shukla
CBSE CLASS X
CLASS X MATHS (H.W)
- Find the value of k, for which given value is a zero of the given quadratic polynomial (a) (x2+2kx-3);x = -1/2 (b)x2+4ax-k; x= -a
- Verify that -1, 1, 2 are zeros of a cubic polynomial x3 - 2x2 - x+2 & verify the relationship between the zeros & its coefficients.
- Form a quadratic polynomial whose (i) zeros are 2 & -3(ii) zeros are -4/5 & 1/3.
- Solve the equations 15x -6y = 30 ; 17x + 10y =118
- Solve the equations ax + by = c; bx – ay = 0
- A fraction becomes 9/11, if 2 is added to both the numerator & denominator. If 3 is added to both the numerator & denominator it becomes 5/6. Find the fraction.
- Solve(By cross multiplication) 2/u + 3/v = 13 ; 5/u – 4/v = -2
- Find the values of p & q for which the following system has infinite solutions. 2x + 3y = 7 ; (p + q)x + (2p – q)y = 21.
- I am three times as old as my son. Five years later, I shall be two and a half times as old as my son. How old I am and how old is my son?
- A and B are friends and their ages differ by two years. A’s father D is twice as old as A, & B is twice as old as his sister C. The ages of D and C differ by 40 years. Find the ages of A and B?
- Five years hence father’s age will be three times age of his son. Five years ago father was seven times as old as his son. Find their present ages.
- Five years ago, Neeta was thrice as old as Gita. Ten years later, Neeta will be twice as old Gita. How old are Gita & Neeta now?
- If two zeroes of the polynomials are x4 - 6x3 - 26x2 + 138x - 35 are 2±√3, find the other zeroes.
- On dividing x3 - 3x2 + x + 2 by polynomials g(x), the quotient & remainder were x - 2 & - 2x+4 respectively. Find g(x).
- If the polynomials x4 + 2x3 + 8x2 + 12x + 18 is divided by another polynomial x2+ 5, the remainder comes out to be p x +q. Find the values of p and q .
- Prove that √2 is not a rational number.
- Find the values of m and n for which the following system of equations has infinitely many solutions: 3x+4y = 12; (m + n)x +2(m-n)y=5m-1
- Solve for x & y: x/a +y/b =1 ; a(x-a) – b( a + b)=2a2+b2
- Solve for x & y: b x/a +ay/b = a2+b2; x+ y =2ab.
- Solve for x & y: x/a – y/b = a-b; ax +by = a3 + b3
- Solve for x & y: 3(2x + y ) = 7xy ; 3(x +3y) = 11xy.
- Solve for x & y: 3/(x + y) + 2/(x – y) =2 ; 9/(x +y) + 4/(x- y) = 1;(x + y) ≠0 (x - y) ≠0
- A two digit number is obtained by either multiplying the sum of the digits by 8 & adding 1, or by multiplying the difference of the digits by 13 & adding 2. Find the number. How many such numbers are there?
- The difference between two numbers is 15 &the difference between their squares is 465. Find the numbers.
- In a rectangle if length is increased by 7 units & breadth is decreased by 3 units or if length is decreased by 7 units & breadth is increased by 5 units, in both the cases the area remains same. Find the dimensions of the rectangle. Also find the area of the rectangle.
- A fraction is such that if the numerator is multiplied by 3 & denominator is reduced by 3, we get 18/11, but if the numerator is increased by 8 & denominator is doubled, we get 2/5. Find the fraction.
- Solve(By Cross-Multiplication)
(a – b) x + (a+ b) y = a2 - 2ab - b2 ;
(a + b)( x + y) = a2 + b2
CBSE Important Questions Class X Mathematics By : Mr. Ajai Kumar Shukla
Submitted By : Mr. Ajai Kumar Shukla,
6/1003 JANKIPURAM VISTAR LUCKNOW
Mobile : +91 - 9415467421
Email Id : [email protected]