The Year 2020 will see the 26th edition of CBSE National Annual Sahodaya Conferences being held ONLINE from Bengaluru on 11th and 12th December 2020. The CBSE Sahodaya School Complexes are a cluster of affiliated neighborhood schools which voluntarily come together to share best practices and innovative strategies for school education and collaborate for: curriculum design, evaluation, pedagogy and regular capacity building of teachers. At present, there are more than 200 active CBSE Sahodaya School Clusters across the country.
The Honorable Minister of Education ,Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ’Nishank’ and Shri Suresh Kumar, Minister of Primary and Secondary Education & Sakala, Govt. of Karnataka will be present at the inaugural ceremony which will be live streamed from 9.30 am onwards at YouTube, Facebook, Instagram platforms of the MoE, CBSE and PIB.
The Honorable Minister of State for Education, Shri Sanjay Dhotre, Govt. of India will grace the valedictory function on 12th December 2020 which will also be live streamed from 12 noon onwards at YouTube, Facebook, Instagram platforms of the MoE, CBSE and PIB.
Smt. Anita Karwal, Secretary School Education, Ministry of Education, Shri Manoj Ahuja, Chairman CBSE and other officers of the ministry, school and higher education institutes and CBSE will participate in the two days program. The conference is being organised by Member Schools of Bangaluru Sahodaya Schools Complex.
While, the main theme of the conference is BUILDING COMPETENCIES IN CHALLENGING TIMES, the sub themes will focus on:
1. Technology as the substructure of all blended learning environments
2. Building on students’ strengths /synergizing weaknesses as opportunities for improvement
3. Authentic and meaningful learning through integration of arts
4. Being mindfully Inclusive - a step towards building bridges
5. Honing appropriate skills that build competencies for future readiness
6. Productive management of Mind and Heart with the Head
7. Research and inquiry as a powerful teacher driven tool to enact change in classrooms
This National Conference is perceived to be an important milestone in establishing the goals of National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 as it provides a platform for raising key issues outlined in the NEP.
The Big Questions to be discussed would be:
1. What are the core competencies that need to be built in teachers and students?
2. How will Schools become the enablers?
3. What are the ways and means to empower the teachers and learners for future?
4. Principal as Change Maker
The focus of the Conference will be on creating a blue print for action, advocacy, collaboration and cooperation amongst all CBSE Schools. The sessions will accordingly facilitate discussions, reflections and resolutions on key areas that emerge so as to provide pathways for future.
An e-magazine ’Samarthan-Endorsing Empowerment’ will be released to showcase the innovative practices and case studies from schools based on the sub themes mentioned above. A number of CBSE Handbooks and Souvenir will also be released during the conference.