Visitors Online: 170 | Wednesday 20th September 2017
CBSE Guess > Papers > Important Questions > Class X > 2014 > Mathematics > Math-index > Mathematics By Mr. Ajai Kumar Shukla
CBSE CLASS X
CLASS X MATHS TEST (REAL NUMBERS, POLYNOMIALS)
Choose the correct option : EACH QUESTION 1 MARKS (SECTION A)
- Every positive even integer is of the form:
- 2q + 1
- 2q -1
- Every positive odd integer is of the form
- 2q + 1
- 2q -1
- Decimal representation of an irrational number is always:
- non-terminating ,non-repeating
- non-terminating, repeating
- n2 - 1 is divisible by 8, if n is :
- an odd integer
- an integer
- a natural number
- an even integer
- According to Euclid’s division algorithm using Euclid’s division lemma for any two positive integers a & b with a > b enables us to find:
- DECIMAL EXPANSION
- Sum of the zeroes of a quadratic polynomial p(x) = ax2 + bx + c is given by :
- – b/a
- – a/b
- The degree of the polynomial (x + 1) (x2 - x - x4 + 1) is :
- The quadratic polynomials whose sum of zeroes is +3 & product of zeroes is +2 is:
- x2 + 3x -2
- x2 - 2x + 3
- x2 - 3x + 2
- x2 - 3x - 2
- If - 4 is a zero of the polynomial x2 - x - (2 + 2k), then the value of k is :
- - 4/3
- - 2/3
- The Q.P. p(y), the sum of whose zeroes is - 15 & one zeroes is -7, is :
- y2 - 15y - 56
- y2 + 15y + 56
- y2 + 15y + 54
- y2 + 15 - 56
Note : EACH QUESTION 3 MARKS (SECTION B)
- Prove that √5 is irrational.
- Show that (4 - √3) is irrational.
- Divide 30x4 + 11x3 - 82x2 - 12x + 48 by (3x2 + 2x - 4) & verify the result by division algorithm.
- Prove that 3+√5 is an irrational number.
- Find a Q.P. the sum of whose zeroes is 7 & their product is 12. Hence find the zeroes of the polynomials.
- Find all the zeroes of the polynomials x3 + 3x2 - 2x - 6, if two of its zeroes are -√2 & √2.
- If α, β are the zeroes of the polynomials, such that α+ β = 6 α β = 4, then write the polynomials.
- For what value of k, will the following system of linear equations have infinitely many solutions? 2x + 3y = 4 & (k+2)x + 6y=3k + 2.
- Determine a & b for which the following system of linear equations has infinite number of solutions 2x - (a - 4) y = 2b + 1; 4x - (a -1) y = 5b -1.
- If 6 years hence a man’s age will be 3times the age of his son & three years ago he was 9times as old as his son, find the present age of the man?
CBSE Important Questions Class X Mathematics By : Mr. Ajai Kumar Shukla
Submitted By : Mr. Ajai Kumar Shukla,
RACHNA TUTORIALS, 6/1003 JANKIPURAM VISTAR LUCKNOW
Mobile : +91 - 9415467421
Email Id : email@example.com