Visitors Online: 28 | Tuesday 20th March 2018
CBSE Guess > Papers > Important Questions > Class X > Science > Biology > Control and Coordination By :- Mr. Nagesh
Biology (Control and Coordination)
Control and Coordination
1. Who introduced the term Hormones?
2. In Plants:
- Name the two substances which are responsible for the control and coordination in plants.
- What is the function of Gibberellins, Ethene and Auxins?
- What are Phytohormones? Name any two.
- What is the difference between photoperiodism and phototropism?
- What are nastic movements? Give one example.
- What are the different Hormones found in Plants and their functions?
3. In Animals:
- Draw a diagram of nervous system of an insect. Label the following parts: Brain, Ganglion, and Nerve Chord.
- Which is the structural and functional unit of nervous system? Describe with the help of a diagram.
- “Nervous and the hormonal system together perform the function of the control and coordination in the humans”. Justify.
- Nervous system:
- What are the different types of nervous systems found in human body? Mention the functions of each.
- Write the effects of sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system on the following: a. Heart b. Blood Vessels c. Bronchi d. Eyes e. Gastric Bladder
- Draw the schematic diagram of reflex arc. Define reflex action with suitable example.
- If the parasympathetic nervous system causes constriction of pupil what will be the effect of sympathetic nervous system.
- Draw the labeled structure of human brain.
- What are the four main parts of the fore brain? Give the function of each part.
- What are the three parts of the mid brain and their functions?
- Which part of the human brain is responsible for: Intelligence and Memory, Adjustment movement and Posture, Smell?
- Give the role of Frontal lobe, temporal, lobe and medulla oblongata.
- Name the different lobes found in the fore brain and give their functions.
- What is EEG? What is the use of an EEG? Which radiation do they measure?
- Endocrine Glands:
- Draw the diagram showing endocrine glands in a male body/female body and label: Pituitary, Thyroid, Adrenal, Testis/ovaries, Thalamus, and Hypothalamus.
- Name the hormone associated with a) Reduction of blood glucose in the body b) Overall metabolism of the body.
- Write the function of testes, ovaries and epidydmis