Visitors Online: 53 | Saturday 23rd September 2017
NEET - Exam Pattern
CBSE Guess > NEET > NEET Exam Pattern
NEET - (UG) 2017 - Exam Pattern
Pattern of the Entrance Test:- :-
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options
with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be
answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by
CBSE at examination centre only.
The duration of test would be 03 hours.
Language of the Question Papers :-
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper in either of the following languages (As per letter nos.
V.11025/35/2012-MEP(Pt.) dated 08.12.2016 & 16.01.2017 received from MoH&FW)
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form
and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
- Candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in
- Candidates opting for vernacular languages would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in
selected language and in English.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be
treated as final.
- Option of Vernacular languages will only be available as per following details:-
||Medium of Question Paper
||English and Hindi Medium
||All Examination Centre Cities
||English, Hindi & Assamese
||Examination Centre Cities in Assam
||English, Hindi & Bengali
||Examination Centre Cities in West Bengal
||English, Hindi & Gujarati
||Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra &
||English, Hindi & Marathi
||Examination Centre Cities in Maharashtra
||English, Hindi & Tamil
||Examination Centre Cities in Tamil Nadu
||English, Hindi & Telugu
||Examination Centre Cities in Andhra Pradesh &
||English, Hindi & Oriya
||Examination Centre Cities in Odisha
||English, Hindi & Kannada
||Examination Centre Cities in Karnataka
Candidates qualifying NEET would be eligible for All India Quota and other quotas under the
State Governments/Institutes, irrespective of the medium in which the examination is taken by
a candidate, subject to other eligibility criteria. (As per letter no. V.11025/35/2012-MEP(Pt.) dated
08.12.2016 received from MoH&FW)