Visitors Online: 78 | Wednesday 23rd January 2019
Eligibility and Qualification - NEET 2013
CBSE Guess > NEET > NEET Eligibility and Qualification
(NEET - UG 2013) - Eligibility and Qualification
NEET-UG Eligibility Criteria
Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are Eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG).
The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General Candidates. Further, for persons for locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Those who are appearing Class XII examination in 2013 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
Eligibility for All India Quota Seats
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats in Medical/Dental Colleges run by the Union of India, State Government, Municipal and other local authorities in India except in the State of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes. Candidate must born on or between:
a. 01.01.84 to 01.01.97 (SC/ST/OBC Category)
b. 01.01.89 to 01.01.97 (Other Category)
Eligibility for State Quota Seats
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments and the Government of India.
Candidates from Andhra Pradesh and J&K
- Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh and J&K are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% all India quota seats as both these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit an affidavit, in original, as per proforma given in Appendix – II, on non-judicial Stamp Paper of Rs 10/- duly sworn in before and attested by a Metropolitan Magistrate/First Class Judicial Magistrate to the effect that:-
- They are not eligible to seek admission for MBBS/BDS seats in Medical/ Dental Colleges in the States of Andhra Pradesh and J&K.
- They are not domiciled in Andhra Pradesh and J&K.
- Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh and J&K are however eligible for 100% seats for MBBS/BDS seats in Medical/ Dental Colleges in the States of Andhra Pradesh and J&K.
- Applications not accompanied with the required affidavits as per format given at Appendix – II or accompanied with incomplete, unattested or photocopy of the affidavit shall be summarily rejected without any further reference in the matter. The affidavits submitted by such candidates will be verified and if found to be false, the admission of all such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against them.