NDA & NA Exam II 2017 Date
An Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission : 10th September, 2017
An Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service
Commission on 10th September, 2017 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air
Force wings of the NDA for the 140th Course, and for the 102nd Indian Naval
Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2ndJuly, 2018.
The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at
the discretion of the Commission.
The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under :-
|NDA & NA Academy
||NDA No. of Vacancies
|National Defence Academy
||335 (208 for Army, 55 for Navy
and 72 for Air Force)
|Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry
Vacancies are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability
of training capacity of National Defence Academy and Indian Naval
- Candidate is required to specify clearly in the Online Application
Form the Services for which he wishes to be considered in the order of his
preference [1 to 4]. He is also advised to indicate as many preferences as he
wishes to opt so that having regard to his rank in the order of merit due
consideration can be given to his preferences when making appointments.
- Candidates should note that they will be considered for appointment
to those services only for which they express their preferences and for no
other service(s). No request for addition/alteration in the preferences
already indicated by a candidate in his application will be entertained by
- Admission to the above courses will be made on the results of the
written examination to be conducted by the Commission followed by
intelligence and personality test by the Services Selection Board of
candidates who qualify in the written examination.
Important Instructions for NDA Exam 2017:
- Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the Examination The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the
eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the
stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the
prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his
candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up
only after the candidate has qualified for interview/Personality Test.
- HOW TO APPLY Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in Brief
instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the
Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS : The Online Applications can be filled upto 30th June, 2017 till 6.00 PM.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the
commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on
the UPSC website (upsc.gov.in) for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit
Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active
e-mail id while filling up online application form as the Commission may use
electronic mode for contacting them.
- PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS :Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet (Answer Sheet)
candidates must use black ball pen only Pens with any other colour are
prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates should note that any
omission/mistake/discrepancy in encoding/filling of details in the OMR answer
sheet especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code will
render the answer sheet liable for rejection. Candidates are further advised to
read carefully the "Special Instructions" contained in Appendix-III of the
- FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES :In case of any guidances/information/clarification regarding their application,
candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC's Facilitation Counter near Gate 'C'
of its campus in person or over Telephone No.011-23385271/011-23381125/011-
23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. to 17.00 hrs.
- MOBILE PHONES BANNED:(a)Mobiles phones, pagers/bluetooth or any other communication devices are not
allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any
infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban
from future examinations.
(b) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items
including mobile phones/pagers/bluetooth or any valuable/costly items to the
venue of the examination as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.