CBSE Guess > Indian Education > Entrance Exams > Management - ATMA (AIMS Test For Management Admission)
Management -ATMA (AIMS Test For Management Admission)
(ATMA) AIMS Test for Management Admission
AIMS Test for Management Admission (ATMA) is conducted by the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) which was formed in 1988 as a network of management schools in the country. AIMS is a national network of over 350 schools. It represents Indian management schools in various national and international forums connected with management education. ATMA is an All-India test which help candidates gain an entry to numerous management institutes in the country depending on their performance.
AIMS offers the AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA), as a credible, comprehensive and single-window test for admissions to different postgraduate management programme, including functional, sectoral and computer management offered by different institutes and universities. It is one of the three main entrance tests for management education in India. ATMA is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The objective test which was first conducted in February 20, 2000, is designed to assess the candidate's aptitude for management education, including verbal skills, quantitative skills, and
Candidates with Bachelors Degree in any discipline can apply for the test.Final year degree students can also apply.There is no restriction regarding percentages for making the ATMA test. Experience is not needed and no age bar. AIMS does not recommend any particular preparatory course or training for ATMA.
Candidates desirous of taking ATMA should forward their application, duly filled, in the prescribed form available with the ATMA office. Students are required to study the instructions carefully before filling the application. Candidates are responsible for the accuracy of the information provided in the form. Along with the application form, no certificate or document should be sent. The application form should not be stapled, wrinkled or damaged in any manner. Students taking ATMA can obtain the application kit consisting of application form, information bulletin and a sample test, in person or by post on payment of Rs.700 in cash or by demand draft from the office of ATMA .The DD has to be drawn in favour of the Association of Indian Management Schools payable at Hyderabad.
Office of ATMA
Association of Indian Management Schools
Plot No. 13, Lalitha Nagar,
Secunderabad - 500 026
Tel : 040-27702218)
The application kit will be available from the above mentioned Office of ATMA and also the under mentioned AIMS Institutes:
- KOLAPUR: CHH Shahu Central Institute of Business Education & Research University Road, Kolhapur - 416004 Tel: 0231-662558, Fax 0231-664505
- PUNE: Indian Institute of Cost & Management Studies and Research (IndSearch)85/1, Law College Road, Pune 411 004. Tel: 020-25431972, 25441524,
- PUNE: Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research Atur Centre, Gokhale Cross Road, Modern Colony, Near Om Super Market, Pune - 16. Tel: 020-25675601, 25882658
- RANCHI: Indian Institute of Science & Management IISM Campus, Pundag,
Ranchi - 834004.Tel: 0651-242060, 244700
- INDORE: Prestige Institute of Management & Research 2, Education and Health Sector Scheme 54, Indore - 452 010. M.P. Tel No:0731-2557 510, 2557 114
- GUWAHATI: Assam Institute of Management, 7th Floor, East Point Tower, Bamunimaidam, Guwahati - 781 021. Tel No: 0361- 2654 813/15.
- TRICHY: Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology (Formerly Regional Engineering College) Tiruchirapalli - 620 015. Tamil Nadu Tel: 0431-2501 801 to 810.
- GHAZIABAD: Shiva Institute of Management Studies, 364-365, Pandav Nagar, Industrial Area, Bulandshahr Road, NH-24, Ghaziabad - 201 005. Tel: 0120 - 2703521
- MORADABAD (U.P) :Teerthankara Mahaveer Institute of Management & Technology, Delhi Road, Moradabad 244 001.Tel 0591-2487111,2487222
Exam Details and Centers
The ATMA test contains 200 questions spread over three sections. Each section is timed separately. Total time for the test is 3 hours. The questions cover Quantitative skills (70 questions and time allotted is 60 minutes), Verbal skills (70 questions and time allotted is 60 minutes) and Analytical skills (60 questions and the time allotted is 60 minutes). The test is held twice a year, usually in February and May.
ATMA scores are useful in determining a candidate's performance in whole test population. Some important points should be kept in mind before attending the test. All the students taking the ATMA test should present themselves at the examination hall at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the test. It is important to read the directions for each set of questions carefully. Each multiple-choice question is followed by four answers, you have to choose the correct one. Time should be allotted wisely within the limits given. On an average, there will be less than one minute available to answer each question. Start answering from the first question of each section and proceed serially. In case you find a mistake in the framing of a question or the answer-choices given or both, you need not waste your time on them. You will be given credit for any such question. A candidate is not expected to answer all questions, within the specified time frame. You are advised to proceed through the test at an even pace, skipping difficult questions, wherever necessary. You can return to the unanswered questions later, within the time specified for each section. If you wish to review your answers in a section, you can do so only in that section within the time limit. You cannot answer any other section (s) or read any other sections (s), backward or forward, as the case may be. Violation of the instructions or any unethical practice will disqualify the candidate. The decision of the supervisor in this regard will be final.
Exam preparation- ATMA seeks to measure the aptitude of the student for higher management education. Such an aptitude in a person is typically shaped and developed over a long period of time and cannot be altered in a short time frame. Hence, preparation for ATMA cannot be similar to that of university examinations. However, familiarity with aptitude tests and speed can be improved with diligent and regular preparation. AIMS does not recommend any particular preparatory course or training for ATMA, though these may be effective in varying degrees.
Exam centers Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Trichy, Kochi, Kolkata, Kolhapur, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune,Ranchi
Exam centers may be cancelled, combined or changed depending on the number of candidates in the specific centers
Institutes in South India that consider ATMA scores for their admission :-
- Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology, Trichy,Tamil Nadu
- Indian Business Academy, Banglore,Karnataka
- The Institute of Finance and International Management, Banglore, Karnataka
- The MATS School of Business and Information Technology, Banglore, Karnataka
- Ohio-Manipal School of Business, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Alliance Bussiness Academy, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Indo- American School of Business, Vishakapatanam
- Institute of Business Management & Technology, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Magnus School of Business, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- School of Communication and Management Studies, Kochi, Kerala
- Prathap Institute of Management Science, Kochi, Kerala
- SCMS School of Technology and Management, Kochi,Kerala
- SSN School of Management & Computer Applications, Kalavakkam, Tamil Nadu
- St. Joseph's College of Business Administration, Bangalore, Karnataka
Institutes in North India that consider ATMA scores for their admission :-
- Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi
- The Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad,
- The Integrated Academy of Management and Technology, Ghaziabad,
- Indian Institute of Rural Management, Jaipur,Rajasthan
- The Lloyod Institute of Management and technology, Greater Noida
- NIILM University, New Delhi.
- Institute of Marketing and Management, New Delhi
- Institute of Rural Management, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- IILM Institute of Higher Education, Gurgaon, Haryana
- Jagan Institute of Management studies, New Delhi
- Maharshi Aravind Institute of Science and Management, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Shiva Institue of Management Studies Ghaziabad
Institutes in East and Central Region in India that consider ATMA scores for their admission :-
- Indian Institute of Science and Management, Ranchi
- International Institute of Foreign Trade and Research, Pidamber;
- Maharshi Institute of Management Bhopal;
- Xavier Institute of Development Action and Studies, Jabalpur.
- Assam Institute of Management, Guwahati
- Bansal MBA College, Bhopal
- Prestige Institue of Management&Resarch, Indore
- University Institute of Management, Jabalpur
Institutes in Western Region in India that consider ATMA scores for their admission-
- Apex institute of Management, Pune
- Central Institute of Business Education and Research, Kolhapur
- Department of Management Science at the University of Pune
- Indian Institute of Management Training, Pune;
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune.
- Auyogik Shishan Mandal's Institute of Business Management and Research,Pune
- BPHE Society's Institute of Management studies, Ahmednagar
- BRAC Trust's Vishwakarma Institute of Management, Pune
- C hh.Shahu Central Institute of Business Education&Research, Kolhapur
- Global Business School, Agpur
- Indian Institute of Cost and Management Studies and Research, Pune
- Indian Institute of Management training (IIMT), Pune
- Indira Group of Institutes, Pune
- Institute of International Business and Research, Pune
- S.P Mandali's Naralkar Institute of Career Development & Research, Pune
- Suryadhatta Institute of Management and Information Research, Pune.
- V.P. Institutes of Management Studies and Research, Sangli.