CBSE Heritage India Quiz is an Inter School Quiz Competition that was conceptualized by the Board with the objective to inform the growing generation of students the inter-link between their culture and heritage and the need for sustainable socio-economic development alongside modernization.
The theme of the quiz will be,"Valuing the priceless: the value of Heritage and Culture in India – with special focus on the life and works of Mahatma Gandhi."
The key details regarding the CBSE Heritage India Quiz 2018-19 are as follows:
Phase 1: Online Test will be held in November 2018
Phase 2: Online Test National Semi Finals and Final will be held in December 2018 - January 2019
Phase 1: Online Test:
The date of Online Test will be announced through Notification on the academic website of the Board.
1. The quiz competition will be conducted in November, 2018.It will be of 50 minutes duration comprising 60 Multiple Choice questions. Each school will be represented by a team of three students who may be selected from classes IX-XII.
2. Online test: On the announced date, an online window will be opened by all the registered schools, using specific registration number and password allocated after successful registration by the Board. This specific registration number and password will be automatically generated once school will submit the online registration form. Each school has to attend the test in their respective IT labs in their own school. On completion of test the team will get the feedback w.r.t. how many correct answers, wrong answers marked and time taken by them during the quiz. There is no negative marking for the wrong answers.
3. The online window will open on a pre-announced date for a specific period of time only.
4. Region wise merit list will be prepared which will be based upon the performance (speed and accuracy) in the online test. The top two teams from every region will qualify for participation in semi-finals
Phase 2: National Semi Finals and Final:
1. To be held tentatively in the last week of January 2018 to first week of February, 2018. The top 20 teams from the 10 competing regions will be divided into 05 groups of 04 teams each. The winner from each group will qualify for the finals. The National Semi Finals and the Final will be held in Delhi and may be broadcasted by Youtube and other e-media.
2.The date of the National Semi Finals and Final will be put on the CBSE website www.cbseacademic.nic.in-Notification, so that the teams can make necessary arrangements for their travel, lodging and boarding.
Guidelines for participation–
1. All the schools interested to participate in this quiz, must ensure arrangement of seamless broadband internet connectivity in their computer lab on the day of online test. It is advised to keep one more set of personal computer ready with UPS and internet connectivity for emergency technical lapses.
2. All the schools affiliated to CBSE in India and foreign countries are invited to participate in this quiz.
3. Interested schools should submit the registration form and confirm their participation on or before 12th November, 2018, by filling in the online registration form available at www.cbseacademic.nic.in by entering their affiliation number and school number. The registration fees of 900/- per team must be submitted through Credit/debit/net banking/ NEFT transfer.
Note: Details once entered cannot be altered after the online submission of the form.
4. The last date for online registration is 12th November, 2018. The schools are advised to register at the earliest possible date to avoid last minute delay.
5. Participation is open to the students of classes IX-XII. Interested schools are requested to select three students who will register as a team, to compete in the Online Test. Each school can only register one team.
6. Second AC rail fare for the shortest route, including reservation charges for three students and one teacher escort, will be reimbursed to the teams who qualify to compete in the National semi-finals (against photo copies of tickets).
Certificates will be awarded to all the participants of Semi-finals and Finals
First Prize: 21,000/-x 01 team Rs.21,000/-
Second Prize: 12,000/-x 01 team Rs.12,000/-
Third Prize: 7,500/-x 01 team Rs.7,500/-
Fourth Prize: 4,500/-x 01 team Rs. 4,500/-
Second Position (Semi-finals): 3,000/-x 04 teams Rs.12,000/-
Third Position (Semi-finals): 1,500/-x 04 teams Rs. 6,000/-
Fourth Position (Semi-finals ): 1,000/-x 04 teams Rs.4,000/-
For further information, contact Dr. Pragya Verma, Assistant Secretary at 011-23220158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Rules and regulations for participation in CBSE Heritage India Quiz 2018-19 Click here
Please visit the CBSE Academic website for updates: www.cbseacademic.nic.in